THE MOVIE WINTER’S TALE DECODED, FOR MY FAMILY, WITH LOVE
September 23, 2019
This decoding was written September 1-3, 2019, and I read the book WINTER’S TALE by Mark Helprin in 1985, shortly before my brother Charlie died, and at the time my son Max, age two, nearly died from Hemophilus Influenza (from a vaccination). My father-in-law Jim, and then my husband Jamie read it, and then I did, sharing the same paperback copy. I cannot count the number of copies I later bought in thrift stores and gave away, extolling its virtues. I highly recommend reading the book, or at least watching the movie. Set in a mythic New York City and spanning more than a century, Winter’s Tale is a story of miracles, crossed destinies, and the age-old battle between good and evil.
1. Opening scene: Peter is a time-traveller, and he walks into Grand Central Station (GCC) in New York City. Over the entrance is a sculpture of a winged bird on a sphere – Jupiter? It is 1895, we hear a horse whinny before the cry of baby Peter, and the stars in the station ceiling look down across 2014 to 1895, waiting.
2. (Peter’s mother sees immigration customs doctor first. After his father is rejected by the doctor in 1895, in 2014 Peter goes up behind the clock face. We see on right of frame a sort of armature, gear or lattice – machinery – that looks like the DNA helix.
3. 1895: the father is told “it’s pulmonary” [our lungs are where our wings attach – my BREATH OF LIFE blogpost – LRB].
4. 2014: behind the turning gears of time of the station’s clockface, Peter finds the box with a brass nameplate: City of Justice. From a Gnostic point of view, this psychical life provides justice for the fall of the Demiurge, cosmically-speaking.
5. 1895: Peter’s father, about to open and enter the door of their ship’s ‘berth’ – Maritime Law for BIRTH, identity, ownership under supreme law – is hit with a ray of dazzling light which leads him to enter a doorway he had not planned to open, and he finds the glass-encased sea-faring ship model with the City of Justice brass nameplate, breaks the glass to steal it in a flash of inspiration plan. The father gives Peter his vocation to become a thief by this act done in desperation to survive persecution by evil. The father had ‘pulmonary’ – lung AKA readiness for angel wings issues, and the sins of the father were visited upon the son. (His mother’s DNA was pure.)
Peter’s parents are on an Eastern European ship obviously from a country with Jewish or Orthodox peoples, for those who would discern this historical fact from the language on the ship’s bow, and a heavy iron ship chain signifying their bond is seen from between their torsos from the view of the camera behind them, and they lower Peter into the water like Moses was to escape Pharaoh’s systemic murder of all boys under two to prevent the Messiah from being born, and the Statue of Liberty in red hues behind them on the right of the frame, as the ship leaves Ellis Island. They are from the Sons of Levi.
2014: Peter stands at the top of the station’s bank of escalators amidst the rush of people going up and down, looking across. We see the Apple computer logo, an apple with a bite out of it, within the left arch opposite the great station hall, and in the right arch a television monitor can be seen, signifying the fall of man and being watched from above. An analog clock is below the apple, and the time is 1:40 AM (as it is dark outside).
Peter looks up at the vaulted ancient ceiling painted with the constellations, and instinctively blinks as they flicker with light.
Behind the gears of time of 2014 Peter finds the City of Justice nameplate, looks as if he is compelled to act, inspired, and we see an unlit clear lightbulb over his head where he was sitting on the bed he slept upon there. Light bulb = realization unlit/off/not powered = not activated yet, but the reality of it is there in his DNA, since the DNA lattice gears are on the wall behind where he sleeps, like handwriting on the bricks of his being.
5. The white horse is waiting. “Who are you?”, Peter asks after it jumps the impossible jump across the tall iron fence and his attackers. The horse replies in horse voice whinny.
6. Optician comes to make Beverly ‘corrective glasses for her condition’. The corrective glasses are analogous to the programming of society so that we see what everyone else sees because their vision has been tampered with and they are not seeing with their third eye, their GOD EYE, the pineal gland.
On her father’s unlit fireplace mantle are black cast iron Aladdin lamps at each side, and a Classical-style clock with a cast figure of a seated man. White roses in full bloom take the place of the frame we would have seen the fire of the fireplace in, but the house is kept cold, free of fires in the hearths, to keep Beverly’s fever down: Consumption, the classic Illuminati-created disease of wasting.
As the optician tries different lenses and she responds about which corrective level “is better”, she explains the glorious beauty of what the Light she sees is, and how everything is connected by Light. “Do you have glasses for that?”, she asks, and the scene ends.
7. 1895: After escaping Pearly Somes, Peter takes Horse to the GCC livery stable to board it. Leaves without taking his “change”, the livery station man Cecil says aloud, turning to the horse as both look like they are quite comfortable with one another – and the horse certainly was not “hot” or skittish, after all that just transpired – says “I was wondering when you’d get here.
Scene cuts to the vaulted celestial station dome and the constellation has changed: it is now the constellations of Pegasus (left) and Hercules battling Ophecius the Serpent (right).
8. Pearly Somes says the horse is a dog… “Do you think I steal gold and gems for wealth? NO. What makes the gold and gems most precious is the way they accept the light. Peter Lake is human, but that horse, that horse… that horse will leave a trail”. And a beam of light shines through the window making a hologram of Grand Central Station, where Peter is, and Pearly calls it a horse again, this time not calling it a dog. The significance of calling The Horse “dog” is this: in Revelation, the Archangel Michael is the White Horse, and is the Angel of the Last Judgement and the Weigher of Souls. In the earliest recorded writing, seventy nations existed with guardian angels assigned to them. This line of Angelic protection goes back to hwen the tribes of Israel were in captivity in Egypt. There, the weigher of the hearts of the deceased was Anubis, the Jackal (or dog) headed god. This dog-headed diety was identified as the most important star in the Egyptian sky: Sirius the Dog Star.Therefore, the white horse is the Archangel Michael, come to help Peter, who is a type for Adam (Atom, Light) withstand his struggle against evil.
9. Willa goes into Beverly’s tent on the roof with the central top circular opening through which the stars can be seen. God’s people were instructed to live in tents in the desert, not in cities or fixed dwellings. Willa asks to hear the story again. Willa < her name root < Human will.
10. Peter robs a place, loading horse’s saddlebags with clanking items. Says to horse “we may go to Florida, or Maryland maybe, it sounds like a place you might like” = racehorse breeding, horse country, old money, one of thirteen original states, named after Queen mary, and that is Jesus’ mother’s name. Horse whinnies.
Peter mounts and tries to leave but the horse refuses, defying him no matter how hard Peter kicks. We see across the street two carriages leaving a rowhouse mansion, and behind Peter is a wall and parkland: obviously Central Park. Dusk is falling, Peter tells horse he is being greedy, goes to rob the house people just left.
Beverly is in high fever, gets in a bath like a lake itself under pure running stream of water from the fountain faucet. We see grappling hook catch her rooftop balustrade as Peter climbs over, looking in wonder at tent and finding unlocked door into the home.
Peter is cracking safe with ear to tumbler listening in rapt concentration as a ray of light strikes his eye and Beverly begins to play Brahms on piano with fervor and force, no soft intro, hair like a Titian angel, in a diaphanous yet demure white nightgown buttoned all the way up the neck.
Although he had entered to commit a crime and rob her home, once talking, they recognize each others’ personhood, so to speak, and she offers him tea as the proper and civil human thing to to when meeting someone. A Namasté: her soul honoring his.
“According to one doctor from Baltimore, I have a year and a half…” (What IS this Maryland connection twice referenced? – LRB)
11. 1895, Pearly Somes enters restaurant, seated table in front of flaming hearth frantically vacates and staff clears – all immediate. Maitre’D asks how many [raw oysters], “Keep ’em ‘comin”, Pearly replies.
“What they’re trying to do is fill the whole sky with stars with each and every virtuous soul. They’ve got their spots all picked out up there, and no room in heaven at all for us Bloodstone Boys, no room for Pearly Somes. No room at all. I wonder how they choose the color of their wings. I’ve always wanted a pair of wings myself, you know.”
12. The native American Indian repeats to Peter what Beverly told Willa in her tent under the stars, from another culture the same story. The white dog of Efandor.
THE HORSE ACTIVELY LISTENING.
13. Pearly Somes speaking to Beverly Penn (of William Penn lineage, Pennsylvania, Declaration of Independence, thirteen colonies, etc), explaining how he knew one another and parted paths [so to speak, my paraphrase – LRB]. He tells hew Peter learned – of his own volition – how to steal without hurting people. But you see, Beverly Penn, in my line, it’s the ripples that give the work the meaning. Ideas, they can do more good than harm. And that would be opposite of the plan, you see.”
14. Horse taking flight from cliff to frozen lake is intention. Our intentions cause our spirits to surpass this perceived dimension we exist in.
15. Lucifer (“Lu”) is reading the book A BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME by Stephen Hawking, first published in 1988, yet the year is 1895. Hawking studied astronomy, physics and cosmology, and recanted his work’s impact on mankind at the end of his life, professing belief that the universe was made by ONE CREATOR GOD.
Lucifer cites guardian angels White Dog of the East and Cecil Mature the livery operator. His shadow on wall behind reveals his demonic form; he earlier admitted he was in a human body. He is reached in a room past what would become the stock exchange, we see signs for all the ways they make people pay to live, deep within the tunnels of the city. Of the seventy nations which guardian angels had been placed over, in the extant ancient records, seven of those seventy are found amidst the lost records. Of these seven, LUCIFER (under the name of Sama-el) was assigned as the guardian angel of Rome. New York City and the Grand Central Station are analogies for Rome, Babylon and the fallen natural, psychical world.
16. The Coheeries boiler scene is all about LOVE and HUMANITY triumphing over Lucifer and his (Lucifer’s) destruction, through sheer human character and will against all odds or reason, and this struggle bonds humans in LOVE, which they have and are. And like the Vetruvius Man by Leonardo Da Vinci which depicts man as the perfect natural form of sacred geometry, and perfect machine, Peter says in response to it being remarked that he know how things work, “What are we if we are not machines?” Angel knowledge.
17. As Peter takes Beverly home after New Year’s dance, we hear the horse neighing in the darkness, obviously in the stable since the sleigh by the door where he came out is parked, and Peter looks down finding Beverly’s dropped blood-red hankerchief, symbolizing the virginity she is about to lose to him (and their eternal bond is put in his pocket to be found a century later and used for his miracle).
18. Her ascending spirit looks down upon Peter crying over her dead body, and a ~complete circle shape~ surrounds the bier (bed in conservatory Willa made).
20. 2014: Peter wanders in a kind of amnesia, draws Beverly’s portrait looking down upon the incomplete circle of the earth upon pavement that looks like interlocking cells. Cecil the 1895 livery man and guardian angel flips Peter’s change – a gold coin – into the air “Peter, here’s your change.” *The spinning coin catches the light and its rays cause a little girl running on a path in Central Park to run into him, literally, and fall. Their ensuing exchange is a conversations one hundred years ago, and they each struggle to understand what they are remembering. Peter does not know his name… “There’s a star”, Abby says,pointing up past Peter’s left shoulder, and he turns to look. [Is it Beverly, or is the star Horse returning? – LRB]
*Recall what Pearly Somes said about gold and gems and light, the light of the horse making a trail because it is a guardian angel. And Peter becomes the miracle earning his wings while human, helped by Cecil, his guardian angel, with this star over both of them, he and Abby, who is dying of cancer but he does not know that yet.
21. Back again to 2014 above the Grand Central Station, Pearly calling Caesar/Romeo in room past the now-digital stock traders’ exchange. Pearly asks Lucifer “How is he alive after 100 years? What are we talking about here?” Lucifer answers: “We are talking about what we are always talking about: stars in the sky; miracles.”
Watch out for the starlight, Lucifer says to Pearly as he leaves.
22. Peter at Abby’s, she has seizure, hand on window like Beverly’s, Pearly and demons arrive, shop outside is called OMEGA JEWELERS and a sock monkey puppet looks on Abby at her feet on the bed. LIGHT SHINES AT HER HAND ON GLASS AND PETER REALIZES SHE’S HIS MIRACLE.
23. Abbie’s red scarf, hand on the glass, the circle of light from the lamp are what Peter had been drawing in chalk on the pavestones, and Pearly Somes had drawn in blood.
24. Horse is on the roof. Abby is wearing red. Peter wraps the reins with Beverly’s hankerchief which is an age-old heraldic promise of knights, maidens’ kerchiefs, tears the DNA in them.
Peter: “Is this why we’re here at all? To save?” WE ARE ALL CHRIST CONSCIOUSNESS. As above, so below. Time truly is immaterial as the material is not restricted, but surpasses, time and powers. Beverley is Pistis Sophia, the Holy Mother, Gaia. We all have amnesia from the program and trauma until we wake up. Beverley’s image looking down which haunts Peter standing on the honeycomb walk in Central Park is the Holy Spirit of the Eternal LIGHT of LOVE calling to all of us in the cells of our enslavement until we realize our LIGHT as innately divine beings with purpose.
We are all part of a great pattern that we may someday understand, and one day, when we have done what we alone are capable of doing, we rise up and reunite with those we have loved the most, forever embraced. We get to become stars.
Size doesn’t exist and time doesn’t exist. All past present and future moments exist simultaneously in this geometric pattern called the Merkaba.
Dedicated to Jamie Little (wherever he is), the father of my children Emily and Max, and grandfather to Emily, Rowan and Albie
Written September 1-3, 2019
#DONOTBEASSIMILATEDINTOTHEBORG #RESISTTRANSHUMANISM #THISISTHESTORYOFLOVE #WEARESTARS
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases, and this article may contain affiliate program links. All earnings go toward defraying the costs of this blog, and your purchase through these links helps me help others.